The Chatfield Water Supply Corporation adopted the ELECTION PROCEDURES FOR MEMBERS' MEETINGS in accordance with Sections 67.0051-.0054 and 67.007 of the Texas Water Code by the Board of Directors on January 12, 2012.
67.0051. QUALIFICATIONS FOR ELECTION OR APPOINTMENT AS DIRECTOR.
(a) To be qualified for election or appointment as a director, a person must be:
(1) 18 years of age or loder on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable; and
(2) a member or shareholder of the Corporation.
(b) In addition to the qualifications prescribed by Subsection (a), a person is not qualified to serve as a director is the person:
(1) has been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote; or
(2) has been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
(c) If the board determines that a person serving as a director does not have the qualifications prescribed by Subsections (a) and (b), the board shall, not later than the 60th day after the date the board makes that determination, remove the director and fill the vacancy by appointing a person who has the qualifications prescribed by those subsections.
67.0052 BALLOT APPLICATION.
(a) To be listed on the ballot as a candidate for a director's position, a person must file an application with the Corporation that includes:
(1) the director's position sought, including any position number or other distinguishing number;
(2) a petition, signed by the lesser of 20 members or shareholders or five percent of the members or shareholders, requesting that the person's name be placed on the ballot as a candidate for that position;
(3) the person's written consent to serve, if elected;
(4) biographical information about the person; and
(5) a statement of the person's qualifications, including a statement that the person has the qualifications prescribed by Section 67.0051.
(b) The application must be filed with the Corporation not later than the 45th day before the date of the annual meeting.
(c) The Corporation shall make available director candidate application forms at the Corporation's main office and shall provide application forms by mail or electronically on request.
|President||Mr. Thomas Hill|
|Vice-President||Mr. Nick Merritt|
|Secretary/Treasurer||Mr. Ron Buckley|
|Director||Mr. Allan Hester|
|Director||Mr. Clay Jackson|
|Director||Mr. Gary Berry|
|Director||Mr. Jake Griggs|